Get to Know Our Donors
- Dana and John Agamalian,
Newport Beach residents Dana and John Agamalian long viewed University of California, Irvine Medical Center as a little-known community hospital.
No more. Today, the Agamalians are among the medical center’s biggest supporters.
- Sidney and Granville Kirkup, As CEO of Irvine-based Telmar Network Technology, Granville Kirkup has proved both talented and exceptional in his business style.
- Queen of Hearts Foundation, “Mom was our best friend — loving, caring and fun,” Kim says. “If her cancer had been detected earlier on, she’d be alive today. That is our motivation.”
- Tom and Elizabeth Tierney, Tom and Elizabeth Tierney have helped raise millions for the construction of a state-of-the-art new university hospital slated to open in 2009.
- Chancellor's Club Fellows, Chancellor's Club gifts are used to support undergraduate scholarships, graduate fellowships and other areas of critical need as determined by the Chancellor.
Get to Know Our Alumni
- Tina Arth and Marianne Schnaubelt, Tina Arth and Marianne Schnaubelt, longtime UC Irvine staff members and alumnae, devoted their careers to helping students.
- Jenny Doh '91, Alumna Jenny Doh '91 leads UCI Alumni Association.
- Les McCabe '80, President of the Institute for Shipboard Education, believes that ships can carry more than cargo.
- Basmina Parmakhtiar,
A plastic egg, sunny-side up, fed Basmina Parmakhtiar’s interest in biochemistry.
Get to Know Our Advocates
- Steven Chan and Jimmy Doan,
It’s no wonder Steven Chan and Jimmy Doan became instant friends at UC Irvine. The second-year medical students share much in common - including a desire to follow their own paths.
- Dr. David Hoyt, Dr. Hoyt’s commitment to saving lives and improving patient care has led him to make substantive changes during his 18 months at UC Irvine.
- Dr. Frank Meyskens Jr., Dr. Meyskens has helped transform UC Irvine into one of the nation’s premier institutions for cancer, especially in prevention and early diagnosis.
- Janet Nguyen '00, Honorable Janet Nguyen '00, was elected to the Orange County Board of Supervisors in February, 2007.
- Sylvia Reines, UC Irvine Nobel Laureate Frederick Reines and his wife, Sylvia, strongly believed in promoting creativity in the mind.
- Bill Sanders, Bill Sanders prided himself on keeping in shape.
- Peter J. Sinambal, Current President of the Asian Business Association of Orange County (ABAOC)