Fund for Excellence
Chancellor’s Club Mission
The University of California, Irvine Chancellor’s Club was founded in 1972. Chancellor’s Club gifts are used to support undergraduate scholarships, graduate fellowships and other areas of critical need as determined by the Chancellor. The Chancellor’s Club promotes academic excellence, involves its members in campus activities, and builds partnerships with individuals and businesses in support of higher education at UC Irvine.
Contributions of donor members have helped fund scholarships, fellowships, faculty research, upgraded equipment, library materials, and other critical areas that help to make UC Irvine one of the top public research universities in the nation.
Chancellor’s Club members benefit from a special relationship with the university. They are invited to enjoy the tremendous wealth of campus resources and attend cultural, athletic and social events throughout the year. Additionally, through periodic small-group gatherings with high-level university officials, they learn first-hand of the campus’s emerging challenges and significant accomplishments.
As the school has grown, so has the need for private support groups such as the Chancellor’s Club. When the campus was founded in 1965, 75% of our funding was provided by the state of California. Today, less than 11% of our funding comes from the state. With the current budget challenges, further cuts are being implemented that could threaten the growth and ultimately the quality of education at UC Irvine.
Gifts raised from our donor members are directed to The Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence, which was established for four main reasons:
- To recruit and retain the brightest and the best undergraduate and graduate students
- To provide scholarships and fellowships during a time of economic challenges
- To assist students with funding their education while fees are increasing
- To show community and individual financial support to the next generation of leaders being educated at UCI
None of these goals can be accomplished with state dollars alone. As a Chancellor’s Club member, you have an opportunity to make a positive impact on the campus through the Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence.
Chancellor's Club Gift Levels
Donors will receive recognition at the following gift levels:
- $50,000 Lifetime Membership (paid over 5 years)
- $5,000 Daniel G. Aldrich, Jr. Society
- $1,500 Annual and Recent Alumni Members
- $500 GOLD Graduates Of the Last Decade